A Diary of Beauty, Fashion and Personal Life

Thursday 20 October 2016

NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks - Hot or not?

NYX lingerie lipsticks are available in 12 colours and you can get them at Boots, Superdrug & on the NYX website.

'Slip into something seductive with Lip Lingerie, our new weightless liquid lipstick with a plush matte finish. Available in a range of color-kissed nudes—from cinnamon pink and chocolate brown, to warm mahogany red and classic nude beige—each sultry shade will coat the curves of your lips with irresistibly creamy color.' (NYX cosmetics website)

I don't usually wear nude colours on a daily basis, I usually wear a lot of dark reds and purples. However, I really wanted to start wearing more nude colours so I got these because I had heard so much about them and that they were really good. They are priced at £6.50 each which is so good for a liquid lipstick. These come with a doe foot applicator which I am not really a fan of, I don't think they are the easiest applicators but it will do. I like the applicators that come with the soft matte lip creme's a lot better. 

I think the packaging is simple and pretty which I like. The packaging isn't over the top so I think NYX have done really well with their packaging here.

Unfortunately, I am not a big fan of the formula, I think it is quite sticky and doesn't dry that nicely on the lips. I wish they dried a lot smoother. I like to be able to barely feel anything on the lips when I am wearing a liquid lipstick and these really don't do it for me because I can constantly feel it. They feel quite clumpy after a while and I always have to keep re-applying it all day (a lot more when I eat) but if I keep re-applying it then it just feels a lot worse on my lips. So overall, these aren't my favourite lipsticks in the world but I do love all of the colours. I still wear them, but not very often. I love all of NYX products but I definitely prefer the soft matte lip creme's over these.

I tend to reach for the really light shades more than the darker shades from the collection that I have because I feel like you can't really tell if a light shade is rubbing off or looks clumpy as much as a dark shade. 


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Love your honesty of your reviews, gorgeous blog! :)

    http://www.georginahartofficial.com/

    ReplyDelete

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

Blogger Template Created by pipdig