A Diary of Beauty, Fashion and Personal Life

Monday 26 October 2015

My thoughts on University so far

Well.. even though I have only been at University 6 weeks, it is stressing me out so much already and honestly, I thought I would enjoy it so much more, and I also thought I would have been able to make friends a lot easier too. I am such an easy person to get along with and I have never had trouble making friends, but I haven't seemed to click with anybody yet. Also, I never thought I would miss home this much.

I have always been a very independent person and I have always been someone to hate living at home with family, but now I have moved away, I miss it more than I thought I would. It is right when people say 'there is no place like home'. It has really hit me now that I am starting to grow up and have my own responsibilities, and University is a lot harder than I thought too. You really do have to listen in your lectures and take notes and you really have to keep up with the work load because there is SO much. You have to watch your money too, I cannot stress how much you have to budget it, I have wasted a lot of money already and it is stressing me out a lot. Also, the amount of reading you have to do too, keep up with it and really go over it and make notes because it is so hard to actually process it in your mind.

My course - I am studying a Fashion Marketing course and I am not 100% happy with it. Over the past week I have just been thinking to myself 'can I really see myself in Fashion?' 'Can I really see myself styling?' I am not sure exactly what I want to do. Part of me wishes I did a gap year now so I had time to think about what I wanted to do as my degree, but at college, my tutors kind of pushed me to go to University straight away. I was going to do a gap year in the first place.

I was talking to my flat mates today and they gave me a bit of advice of talking to my personal tutor about things. I am interested in film and fashion, so I think this week I am going to talk to them about changing my course to a Joint degree in doing Fashion Marketing and Film instead (my flat mates suggested this), I would really love to do both. I am probably going to work at the Clothes Show Live in Birmingham for a week backstage so this will give me a good idea of what my future career will be like if I went into this sort of job. I am paying so much money to study at University and I do not want to be in debt for something I did not want to do in the first place, so thinking about what I want to do, quickly, is so important for me right now.

I hope some people understand what this is like. I counted down the days till University, and I couldn't wait to come here, but now I am having second thoughts and part of me wishes I never came here.

Ashleigh x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

Blogger Template Created by pipdig