A Diary of Beauty, Fashion and Personal Life

Wednesday 20 April 2016

BEING PLUS SIZE

Okay... So I just felt like getting some of my feelings out there about being a plus size girl.



I have been a big girl since a young age, I have never been thin and probably never will be unless I put the effort in one day in going to the gym and eating healthy every single day, but I am a teenager and at the minute I want to enjoy my University days of eating pizza and drinking alcohol every week and focus on enjoying myself. I don't eat shit all the time, I eat healthy as well meaning I will eat fruit every week and drink lots of water but I like to have a Chinese at some point as well.

However, I do have my down days where I wish I was a size 8 or 10. Sometimes I think to myself "If I was a size 8 or 10, then maybe I would have a boyfriend." I don't know... but to me, being plus size makes me wonder if that's the reason I am single and haven't been in a relationship for longer than 4 months, but at the same time I think 'fuck it, someone one day will love my curves and think I'm beautiful the way I am.'

I am happy that 'Plus Size' is being noticed more now and being accepted a lot more than it used to, there are a lot more plus size ranges out and I love how River Island has just brought out their own Plus Size range too. My mom loves RI and she was never able to shop in there because she is a size 20. Thankfully, she can now shop in there.

I have had people take the piss out of me in the past for my weight but I know that I am not the only girl who is a size 16 in the world and I am glad that I don't have to put up with shit on my own. Unfortunately, there are still some idiots out there who love to put people down for their weight, fair enough if its someone who is at an unhealthy weight but you should talk to them nicely and encourage them to lose weight, not take the piss out of them because it doesn't help. I don't think some people realise what its like to be taken the piss out for your weight and its a horrible feeling.

Recently, I have started to learn to love myself, and its one of the most important things in life in my opinion. Before you let someone else love you, you have to love yourself. As I have grown up in my body, I have learnt to accept who I am, I have learnt to accept my rolls and my stretch marks because I know I am not the only girl in the world with them. Sometimes I wish I could go out of a night and wear a crop top with some high waisted jeans but instead I know I can wear a body-con dress and show off my curves and still look good. My confidence has grown so much over the past year and I am so happy within myself. I never used to show my legs, but now when I go out I put on some fake tan and show them off. Surround yourself with positivity and you will be happy.

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love the fact that you started by saying that you could work out if you wanted to but you want to enjoy life while you're young - that's so important for people to hear. Everyone seems to feel this pressure to maintain a figure that only exists in magazines. I've only recently started going to the gym in the past year or so, but that's because I enjoy doing so, not because I feel like I have to.
    Anyone that talks shit to someone based on how they look is simply a waste of oxygen. There are far worse things people can do in the world than exist as a size 18 or whatever. The most important thing is self worth and I'm so glad to read that you're beginning to love yourself.

    Jess
    Philocalist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I don't like the fact that there is so much pressure on young girls, I think they should just enjoy themselves and be happy in their own skin at a young age, however i do feel that plus size is definitely getting out there a lot more now and it makes me happy to see improvements.

      And I agree that people who talk shit to someone based on how they look are a waste of oxygen, 100%!!!!

      Thanks so much for your comment,

      Ashleigh xxx

      Delete

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

Blogger Template Created by pipdig