A Diary of Beauty, Fashion and Personal Life

Tuesday 10 May 2016

PARIS: DAY 3

It was our last day and we wanted to make the most of it so today we decided we would go to the Louvre, one of the largest museums in the world. It is a central landmark of the city.


At first we didn't really know where we had to go or what to do and there seemed to be no queue for people without tickets but my friends dad told us about a side entrance where nobody really goes to get tickets. It was actually inside the shopping centre and when we got there to get tickets they actually told us that anyone who lived in England and was under 26 years of age were able to go in free! All we had to do was show our passports to get let through so we were so happy about that.


On our way to the entrance we walked through the little shopping centre and oh my god, everything was so unique and beautiful and expensive. We wished we had brought A LOT more money to spend!


We finally got through the entrance of the museum and everything was so wonderful to look at, all of the artwork was amazing. It was a huge building with many rooms to look around.


As we were walking we came across my most favourite statue ever, the Venus De Milo, who was a Greek goddess. I did some work on this during college and I took to it quite a lot and I had completely forgotten that the statue was in this museum so seeing this really made my day.


Also we got the chance to see the original Monna Lisa and it was such a great feeling to be able to see it in real life.


We spent about 2 hours around the museum however we did not see all of it, it is huge and it is something you would need to go to for the whole day and we didn't want to do that as we had other things we wanted to do for the rest of the day. We said we would definitely come to Paris again and spend a whole day at the Louvre so we get a chance to see everything.


We were starving so we decided to make our way to the Latin Quarter to have some food as we hadn't had a proper meal yet, and we found a lovely restaurant just across from the Notre Dame and it was DELICIOUS! I had chicken and chips and my friend had raw mince meat with egg (I can't remember the actual name of it but it sounded and looked gross but she loved it).


After we had eaten we looked around the shops again like we did the day before and we found a lovely chocolate shop and from here I brought some Macaroons because I just HAD to try them and take some home with me. They are so pretty and colourful.


We finally made our way back to the hotel and we got ourself some snacks and a little bottle of champagne to celebrate our wonderful and safe journey in Paris.


I loved every single minute spent in Paris and having such a lovely hotel to stay in was a bonus. I miss it a lot and we have both said we would definitely go again to the same hotel and spend just a few more days there because we didn't have enough days to see everything we wanted to in Paris. I cannot wait to go again.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

Blogger Template Created by pipdig